Supporting military moms-to-be and new moms stationed around the world.
Serving those who serve us
Since 2013, we have partnered with the USO on Special Delivery, a program that hosts baby showers for military moms-to-be and new moms stationed around the world, many serving thousands of miles away from home, often with their partner deployed. These moms are tackling the heavy lifting of nurturing a baby while doing the hard and selfless work of serving their country.
Since its launch in 2013, Heidi and the Special Delivery program have:
- Celebrated and supported over 30,000 moms.
- Donated 30,000 What to Expect books to military families.
- Held events at bases in 25 states and 7 countries around the world.
- Visited military hospitals at bases around the world, meeting with doctors, nurses, other staff, and welcoming new babies and their parents.
- Hosted over 250 events for military spouses, expectant active-duty and reservist parents in every branch of service.
- Attended Centering Pregnancy classes, CDC (Childhood Development Centers) and New Family Support Groups.
Military moms and babies still need our support
Our program has gone virtual in 2020 so we can continue to serve those who serve us. Although we could not shower our mom’s in person this past year, that didn’t stop us from supporting and celebrating virtually. Since April 2020, our program has held:
- 20+ Showers
- 672+ Attendees
Together we can do extraordinary things
Senate Passes Collins, Durbin Bipartisan Resolution Recognizing Important Work Of Doulascollins.senate.gov
Senate Passes Durbin, Collins Bipartisan Resolution Recognizing Important Work Of Doulasdurbin.senate.gov
Heidi Murkoff and the What to Expect Project Work with Senators to Break Down Barriers to Mental Healthcare for Military Momswhattoexpect.com
Bill Would Cover Doulas for Expectant Service Womenmilitary.com
Durbin, Duckworth Introduce MOMMA Act To Reduce Maternal And Infant Mortality Ratesdurbin.senate.gov
New Bipartisan Senate Resolution Recognizes the Important Work of Doulaswhattoexpect.com